With over 100 employees based between our UK branches, we have a dedicated team able to provide expert care to our customers. Our team is also part of the +1700 Wrist employees globally who make up Wrist Ship Supply, the world's largest ship supplier. Want to join our dynamic team, see our vacant UK positions below.
Location – Peterhead
Salary Band – £18,500
Reporting to – Head of Procurement
Company Overview – Strachans was established as a family firm in Peterhead in 1939. Since then, the company has grown to become the leading distributor of food and non-food consumables to the marine and oil, gas and renewable energy sector in the UK. The Company still has its head office located in Peterhead with another depot in Great Yarmouth as well as offshore supply facilities in the Netherlands and Denmark.
In 2011, Strachans joined the Wrist Group, the World’s largest Ship Supply company. The Wrist Group turnover stands at $700 million per year and has 1700 employees in 32 locations across the World.
Job Purpose of the Buy-in Driver – The main purpose of the role is to source and purchase products for customers that are not currently held on the Strachans product inventory. This will require a thorough knowledge of the local area and the ability to identify suitable alternative products when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Buy-in Driver:
- Identify and purchase products from local retail and wholesale outlets to fulfil customer requirements.
- Working on the Strachans ERP system, generate purchase orders for products to be purchased and manage the goods from procurement to order fulfilment by liaising with the Warehouse Dispatch Team.
- Liaise with the Warehouse Team to book in goods and ensure they are added to the correct orders.
- Liaise with the Procurement Team to identify trends in frequently ordered lines that can be brought into the inventory.
Minimum Requirements for the Role:
- Full, clean UK driving license.
- Ability to manage daily schedule to work efficiently without constant supervision.
- Previous purchasing experience desirable but not essential.
- Submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Face to face interview.
- Possible follow-up interview.
Application Deadline – 25 June 2021
Start Date – ImmediateApply